Caught a Giant? Time for a replica mount!
There’s no need to kill a giant bass to have it mounted. Replica mounts look better, last longer, and require less maintenance than a skin mount. My father-in-law is a taxidermist and he doesn’t even do skin mounts anymore.
Have patience when ordering a mount and be realistic on expected completion. I’ve seen them done in two months and others that take a year. I would suggest you discuss the timeline with whoever you choose to complete your mount.
Remember, it’s easy to have a long lasting beautiful mount if you will follow these steps:
- Catch a giant fish.
- Take a good picture of the fish.
- Get a length & girth measurement.
- Send the pic and measurements to a taxidermy shop that specializes in replica mounts.
Below are a couple shops who do great mounts.
- Lake Fork Taxidermy. I seen a bunch of their mounts and have always been impressed.
- Dave Campbell Fish -A bit pricey, but truly an artist. The mounts that I’ve seen done by him are without equal.
- Rick’s Taxidermy, 330-482-4168.
Tips for fishing in Florida
Check back later for lures and other tips for fishing in Florida
Get In Touch
Don't see what you're looking for? Drop me a line and let me know what you're looking for.